Delicious Dinners, Tasty Treats
Tempting Pizza Night!
1½ cups warm water (110°F/43°C)
2 ¼ teaspoons active dry yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
For the Pizza Toppings
1 cup pizza sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
200g (about 7 oz) Truly Irish Traditional Rashers, cooked and diced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
Grated Parmesan cheese, for sprinkling
For the Pizza Dough:
- Activate the Yeast:
– In a small bowl, combine warm water, active dry yeast, and sugar. Let it sit for about 5-10 minutes until the mixture becomes frothy.
- Prepare the Dough:
– In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and salt. Make a well in the center and pour in the yeast mixture and olive oil. Mix until a dough forms.
- Knead the Dough:
– Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead for about 5-7 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic. Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a damp cloth, and let it rise in a warm place for 1-2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the Oven:
– Preheat your oven to 475°F (245°C). If you have a pizza stone, place it in the oven to heat.
For Assembling the Pizza:
- Roll Out the Dough:
– Punch down the risen dough and roll it out on a floured surface to your desired pizza thickness.
- Prepare the Pizza:
– If using a pizza stone, transfer the rolled-out dough onto a pizza peel or inverted baking sheet dusted with cornmeal.
– Spread pizza sauce over the dough, leaving a small border for the crust. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese evenly over the sauce.
- Add Toppings:
– Distribute the cooked and diced Truly Irish Traditional Rashers over the cheese. Add sliced red onions and halved cherry tomatoes.
- Bake the Pizza:
– If using a pizza stone, carefully transfer the pizza onto the preheated stone in the oven. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly and slightly browned.
- Garnish and Serve:
– Remove the pizza from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Sprinkle fresh basil leaves and grated Parmesan cheese on top.
– Slice and serve your Truly Irish Rasher Pizza hot. Enjoy the delicious combination of crispy rashers, melted cheese, and fresh toppings!
This Truly Irish Rasher Pizza is a crowd-pleaser, perfect for family dinners or pizza night with friends.